Friday, May 20

Fruit Basket

I am truly an Idaho Spud. Mashed potatoes have been my very best friend for the past few weeks. I eat them in the evening when I get home from work and they are the one constant food I have not yet thrown up! They even help settle my stomach when it starts to get antsy.
Although the evenings are still unpleasant, most of my barfies and sickies are just about gone. This is great great wonderful super news because I was very afraid I would be one of those unfortunate pregnant women who are sick during their entire pregnancy. I’ve finally started to be able to drink water again. I have to be careful not to drink too much at once, but I have been able to get about 50-60 ounces in a day. Still not enough, but SO MUCH better than the 10 ounces I was drinking before. Honestly, how does one even survive with so little hydration?
Lime?

...or fig?

I googled “11 week fetus” on Google images yesterday. I don’t recommend doing this unless you want to see lots of anti-abortion pictures that are quite graphic. I did find two contradicting tales, though. Some articles claim the baby is the size of a fig, or just about 2 inches long. Others said it was the size of a lime, about 2 and a half inches.
Maybe the lime stories also include the size of the sack? I don’t know. Either way, I know they are growing because my belly is getting bigger.

1 comment:

briansmuthu3 said...

Figs are not pretty so i vote for the lime. Also I like Star Trek, I really do. It is cool and so are pretty limes.