Thursday, May 26

Bunk Beds!

We went to our 12 week appointment last night. The doctor did another ultrasound and we got to see the little aliens MOVE! It was so crazy. The one on top, or “twin B”, was a wiggly worm. He was jumping all flipping all over the place. Twin A was more sedated, but a few minutes into the ultrasound he was pretty active himself.
Twin A is on bottom, Twin B is on top
Although he tried to peek at genders, no such luck just yet. But he seemed pretty confident that he’ll be able to tell at our next appointment in 3 weeks. Kevin is convinced they are both girls because he couldn’t see any tiny penis’s yesterday. I suppose it’s possible, but I’m still convinced there is at least one boy in there.

My belly is poke poke poking out now. I’ve had to start creatively wearing my pants so I don’t muffin top over the sides. So far, I’ve gained about 4 or 5 pounds since I found out I was prego. I guess that’s a lot, considering I haven’t been able to keep much of my food down the last few weeks. My sister in law sent me two boxes of maternity clothes last week. I started looking through them last night. My eyes got really big as I realized, omg, these are going to FIT ME in just a couple of months. Scary thought! And then, my eyes got even BIGGER when I realized, omg, these clothes AREN’T going to fit me by the end of October!! The doctor said the babies are positioned in “bunk bed” style right now, which means one is in back, closer to my back and the other is directly in front of him so they are stacked horizontally. That means my belly is going to me enoorrrrmmmmooooouuuuuusssss.
By the way, I did some additional research and found out the babies are the size of limes THIS week, not last. That’s pretty big if you consider they were the size of a blueberry just 5 weeks ago. Here is a picture I took this morning while I was getting ready for work. Compare it to the one I took last week and you can already see some growth there. I have a feeling it’s going to balloon in the next month. Excellent.

Sorry I am not verticle. Apparently Picasa does not want to
load this pic upright. Don't hurt your neck.


No comments: