Friday, April 15

Nervous Nelly

I’m now six weeks and one day. Baby is the size of a lentil bean (whatever that is) or about the size of a nail head.
I’m hoping to gain some reassurance at the ultrasound next week. I have been pretty nervous and scared all week. The good news is my morning sickness has gotten increasingly worse, so I would imagine that’s a good sign of a strong, healthy pregnancy. The bad news is, I’ve had some pretty constant cramping along with some light spotting. Eek. I’ve done some research and it is very normal for those kinds of symptoms around the time I’m at. Doesn’t make it any less scary, though.
I’ve tried a lot of things to help with the nausea: Ginger ale, saltines, peppermint Lifesavers, etc. Some of them work, at least for a few minutes. Unfortunately, I don’t like any of those things so I have to suck/chew/swallow them and try not to gag just from making myself eat/drink something I don’t like to begin with. I’ve heard about those preggy pop things, so maybe I’ll give them a go. They seem pretty expensive, though. I only have about 6 more weeks, give or take. I think I can make it. I’m already half way through my first trimester! Woohoo!
When we did the embryo transfer a few weeks ago, the doctor gave us this picture:

As you can see, there are three different embryos all at varying degrees of growth. Pretty cool to see. These are magnified about 100,000x (I made that number up, I don’t know how magnified they really are) and were only 1/10 the size of a period (that part I do know is true). Insane!  I’m so nervous for Tuesday. It will be so nice to have SOME peace of mind about something, though. We’ll get to know how many of these little clusters survived AND the confidence that I’m being nervous about nothing and they’re still alive and well. Whew. Tuesday seems like a year away. For the first time, I’m hoping the weekend goes by fast

1 comment:

Joni said...

Try not to worry about the cramping and spotting. I had the same thing and it was just the embryo implanting. I think mine lasted until about nine weeks or so. I'm so happy for you! You are going to be a great mommy!!