Monday, April 18

6 Weeks, 4 Days

I threw up last night. I know, gross. I was relatively surprised. I don’t know why. I mean, that’s pretty common when you’re nauseous.
I visited my sister this weekend. She is fostering a little baby right now. She’s had her since birth but she’s now about 6 months old. What a cutie! It was fun to play with her. Even Kevin wanted to hold her and feed her. What a good daddy!
Tomorrow is our appointment. I can’t wait for tomorrow to be over. I’ve been sick with worry about the unknown for too long. Heavens! I’m ready to start worrying about something else.
No more spotting. I have had some cramping on and off. It’s pretty strong at times, but since there hasn’t been any more spotting, I haven’t been too worried about it. It’s good to know and hear that so many other mothers had the same symptoms around the same time I am. It’s given me (some) peace of mind.
I can’t stand the smell of anything. Everything smells so strong and instantly makes me feel nauseous. Kevin’s cologne, my shampoo, even the air freshener in my office. EVERYTHING makes me feel sick. Kevin is convinced I am a hypochondriac and I’m only having this problem because I’ve read about it in one of my books, but I’m pretty sure it’s for real. Also, food is becoming less and less appealing. If I have to eat one more saltine cracker, that alone is going to make me throw up. I tried eating some ginger snaps over the weekend, YUCK. Thanks, but no.
Another strange thing is my stomach seems to have shrunk to the size of a golf ball. I can’t even finish a Taco Bell burrito without feeling like I’ve just finished a Thanksgiving meal. That doesn’t seem normal at all. I would think I would be able to eat and eat forever. I have, however, maintained my weight at the steady 138 I started at. If I am having just the one baby, I should gain between 25-30 pounds. Scary!
I think I’ve narrowed down my doctor/hospital selection. We’re probably going to deliver at the closest hospital to our house. I’ve done some research about the labor and delivery department and they seem to be pretty good for that. They have about 8 doctors in the Women’s Center across the street. Most of them have great reviews as well, but I think I’m going to pick the one that has the least amount of wait time. One of the doc’s average wait time was between 45 minutes to 2 hours! I’m sure he’s great, but I don’t want to wait that long for the next 13 appointments.

No comments: