Friday, June 29

Sick Thirty

Charlie is sick for the first time. He had a little bit of a cold when he was around 3 months or so, but I wouldn't even call it sick. Not compared to how he is now.

A few days ago, he woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. I gave him some Tylenol, fed him a bottle and went back to bed. The next morning, however, he still had a fever and after I clocked him at 101, I started to get a little worried.

He won't eat or drink much if anything, and when I can finally manage to get him to take his bottle, he throws up right after. He doesn't want to drink anything, so he's definitely dehydrated and you can tell he is just miserable.

I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and they ran a couple tests to see if he had strep or a UTI, but both results were negative (although it was SO AWESOME to have to try and console him while the nurses gave him a catheter. NOT.).

I think it might be the flu, or some virus. I totally understand kids get sick and especially with virus's, you just have to let them run their course, but he is definitely dehydrated and that is what makes me nervous. He still won't eat or drink much, even though we've tried different things like Gatorade and Pedialite.

I hate being helpless, and even more so when it is at his expense. I'm hoping this passes soon!

No comments: