Friday, March 30

SRPING! At Last!

We just got back from a beautiful spring walk. The trees have blossoms, the birds are chirping and the neighborhood is covered in trash. Yeah, gross.

This got me thinking - wouldn't it be kind of a fun tradition to start with Charlie to do a "spring clean up" in our neighborhood to importance of hard work and service? I know, how Christian of me, right?

So, on the second half of the walk, I started thinking more about other things I want to do with Charlie. So many people say the time goes so fast and before you know it, they're all grown up and you're full of regrets of things you wish you'd done or fading memories of what used to be. I started to semi-panic for a moment, then I remembered that I have a place to keep track of all the things I want to do with life - right here. Blogging for me is not so much about other people reading my silly ramblings, but more about a place to put my thoughts and memories for later recollection. It also serves as a wonderful outlet on occasion, for the times I just need to get stuff out but can't find the voice to say.

I have been actively pinning on Pinterest for the better part of 7 months now and in that time have added a few great ideas of things to do with kids to give them one heck of a childhood and some fond memories for mom. I have a few ideas of my own, too. So I've started my Baby Bucket List. These are things I want to do with my kids - not just Charlie, but the older kids, too - before they're too old to want to play with mom and dad, or they move out of the house.

Some of these things are just daily reminders for me to keep in mind while raising my kids but some of them are specific activities I want to be sure they get to experience. Some are from my childhood, some are things I wish I would have done, and some are things I have always wanted to do.

Although this blog, as I just mentioned, is more for my own use, I would love to hear from any of my readings that want to share their ideas of what to add to the list. Email me or leave a comment if you want to share something.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but being a mom rocks!

Grandpa and Charlie, 4 months

No comments: