Saturday, March 10

Seven Dwarf's

Today I was thinking about how boys get jipped from all the cool dress up photo's that girls get: Tutu's, tiara's, pearl's and dresses. Where's all the cool boy stuff? So, it got me thinking of what kinds of things I could do for Charlie without turning him into a trannie (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I decided to make him a dwarf outfit circa Snow White and the Seven Dwarf's. I had to make up the pattern and given the fact I still consider myself an intermediate seamstress, I think it turned out pretty good. I made him a shirt with belt and buttons, a beard and hat. I forgot my husband's side of the family has genetics to thank for their huge heads so the hat didn't fit and I had to cut it for the pictures I did use it for.

I snapped pictures for about an hour so I had enough expressions to choose from for the final piece. I'm very happy with how it turned out, although I still have a few things I want to try (Photoshopping!).

Anyway, here you go. Take a looksie. This is the first thing I've made that I actually feel deserves to be pinned on Pinterest. :D

Click the picture to make it bigger - It's kind of hard to see.

UPDATE! I was able to complete each picture with Photoshop, and have successfully given each character a different color outfit! Plus, you can see them better. Enjoy!

Bashful

Doc

Dopey

Grumpy

Happy

Sleepy

Sneezy

No comments: