Tuesday, February 7

Nom Nom

Charlie has made a fascinating new discovery: His hands. He can't get enough of them. You'd think they tasted like chocolate pudding pops the way he sucks on them. Occasionally, he'll figure out how to get just the thumb in there, but more often than not, it's the full fist - or at least as much as he can cram into his mouth.

I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't taken to his binky more than he has. Not that I'm complaining. Hopefully, he'll be like his mom and won't need braces when he gets older. Not being a thumb sucker should help with that.

His hair is growing more and more, but let's be honest...it's still just a bunch of peach fuzz. He has a couple of little red marks on the back of his head that look like tiny bug bites, but it's from rubbing on everything while he's laying down all the time. It should go away when he gets older and can support his own head more.

For the last 3 days, Charlie has been such a stinker. He rarely sleeps and when he does, it's for a few minutes here and there. Sometimes, he will be fast asleep and suddenly, he'll take a deep breath and just start screaming inconsolably for what seems like forever. The doctor did warn me that the two month mark is the peak of fussiness, but I wasn't prepared for this. Kevin always says it's a good thing babies are so cute. It ensures their survival. Ha ha.

I love my new camera. Love, love love it. I wish I knew more about fancy photography, because it's capable of so much more than I know what to use it for. But even with the generic settings, it takes great pictures.

My parents came to visit over the weekend. Charlie loves his grandma and grandpa! During one of his screaming fits, my mom took him from me and the instant she took him, bam. No more tears. It was like some kind of grandma magic.

Charlie can do so many things already. He listens when I talk to him, smiles when I sing, and seems to know the difference between mom and dad. Kevin always jokes that Charlie hates him because he tends to fuss when he's holding him, but that's because I always have him holding him while I'm busy doing other things like making a bottle or something. So it's not his fault - he just gets him at the fussiest times. Charlie loves his daddy. Kevin keeps trying to play with him and is just barely starting to "get it". It's just a matter of time before mom takes a back seat to the boys club!

No comments: