|This is how I feel. Triumphant. *Disclaimer: This is not a picture of me.|
She kind of reminds me of the girlfriend from 3rd Rock from the Sun, non?
Today I am 24 weeks pregnant. Why is this so important? Well, if the babies are born from this point forward, the hospital will consider it a “viable pregnancy”, which means they have a fairly good chance of survival and they’ll do everything they possibly can to keep these babes alive. Having said that, I hope my little buns keep roasting in this oven for at least another 2 months.
We did some pretty cool stuff over the last few days.
|It only took me 5 hours to|
1) We finally got some nursery furniture. We now have one usable non-drop side crib, two non-usable drop side cribs, a large 6 drawer dresser, a cradle and a rocking chair with ottoman. The two non-usable cribs are a disappointment, as they were both given to us, but it looks like they just won’t work for babies.
2) I finished one of the baby blankets/quilts. I originally started working on a piece quilt with fancy designs and patterns, but quickly realized I don’t have the time nor the patience for such things right now. I might be able to finish one before November, but not two. And that just wouldn’t be fair to the poor boys.
3) I might have broken a blood vessel or perhaps damaged a nerve in my right foot. I have a large red welt on the inside of my foot and when it first appeared, it itched like CRAZY. After that, it became an ugly red blotch that tingles when I apply pressure. So, needless to say, I try not to apply pressure. My toes look like hot dogs and I only have one pair of shoes that fit comfortably. I guess this isn’t so much a “cool stuff I did” thing, but worth noting nonetheless.
|Pregnant Puffy Foot reporting for duty, sir!|
4) I was able to sleep through the night without having to get up AT ALL to pee!
5) I ordered myself a Snoogle. Dumb name, yes, but after tossing and turning like crazy in bed and waking up with horrific headaches from lack of support, I don’t care if they call it a Cleveland Steamer; I just want to actually “rest” while I’m sleeping.