Wednesday, August 15

Time for Kneepads

Charlie is crawling. He's been working on it for about a month now, but after seeing some enticing power cords out of his reach, it was enough to push him from rolly-polly mobility into full on crawling.

He's funny about it, though. He won't do it if you want him to crawl to you, or if you're trying to show someone. He will only do it if it's for something he isn't supposed to have. Like power cords.

I guess it's time to baby proof for reals now. Fun.

I've been interviewing some new nanny's this week. Our current nanny is moving back home next weekend. It's funny, I didn't really struggle with leaving him with someone as a newborn. He was only 6 weeks old when the nanny started watching him. But now, finding a nanny and leaving him with a stranger again, I feel much more worried. Almost to the point that I can't make a decision. What if I choose wrong? Oh, the guilt.

I finally opened up my Baby Bullet yesterday. This morning, we had fresh bananas for breakfast. Charlie seemed to like it, but it made the banana very frothy and full of air bubbles. I didn't like that so much, because I knew it would make him gassy. Sure enough.

Today was a rough day in mommyville. Charlie woke up this morning around 7 as he usually does. I changed him, fed him breakfast, gave him a bottle, all in line with our morning routine. I laid him down for his morning nap, but he was not going to sleep. He played quietly and talked to himself for about half an hour, then he fussed. Then he cried. Then he screamed. So I got him out of bed, played with a little more, we watched an episode of Nip/Tuck, changed his bum again, had another bottle, read a story and put him back to bed for his nap. Same thing happened. He is usually so great about going down for naps. I mean, I can just lay him down, give him a blankie, turn on his sound machine and he is out. NOT TODAY. I was ready to rip my hair out by the time Kevin got home from work. After 3 attempts at a nap, he just wouldn't have it. What an imp.

No comments: