Tuesday, September 13

Moving Right Along

We’ve successfully emptied the room we’ll be using for the nursery! We moved Angel to the basement and her room transformation is almost complete. The walls are painted, the dresser is finished, the chandelier is hung and the TV is hooked up (the most important part, really). We just have to get the headboard hung up and it’ll be all done. I’m going to have to make her a new bedspread to match because right now, the only king size blanket we have is dark brown. Nice and all, but not a match.

Emilee is now in the pink room. She loves it. But, she’s already talking about how excited she is to get Angel’s new room downstairs. The grass is always greener!

Riley is being a trooper about the whole thing. I guess at least he’s getting two brothers in return for his patience.

I still haven’t heard back from the doctor’s office about my glucose test, so I’m assuming the “no news is good news” is still in effect. Hooray!

I went to my labor class on Saturday. Although I knew a lot of the information already, I was so glad to be able to take a tour of the hospital. It made me feel at least a little more prepared. I even saw my doc at the nurse’s station while we were walking around. They had a few different people come in to talk about various parts of the labor and delivery process including an anesthesiologist who discussed epidurals and spinals, a pediatrician who talked about the transition from OB/GYN to pediatrician care after birth and someone from the health department who gave us the skinny on car seat installation and safety. Everyone else in the class already had their car seats. We do not. I suppose we should get them soon. Especially since that’s really the only requirement we have to meet to take them home.

The babies started blinking this week! My belly hasn’t felt like it’s grown a ton lately (which I’m ok with), but man these kids are kicking up a storm during their waking hours. I found a way to rock them to sleep already. When they are getting a little too rambunctious, I can get them to settle down just by swaying for a few minutes. I have also tried “the washing machine” technique, which is where I sit in a chair and gently rotate from side to side.

I think I missed the weekly stats update last week…so I guess I’ll have to cover the last two weeks with this one.

How far along: 27 Weeks, 6 Days
Weight gain/loss:  Shoot, I don’t remember my weight from two weeks ago…but total, I’ve gained 38 pounds since the beginning. Scary!
Maternity clothes:  Getting really bored of wearing dresses, skirts and flat shoes. It’s starting to get cooler outside, so I’ve been able to add a couple of sweaters into my rotation. And they are SO comfy.
Stretch marks: None. But I’m not naïve. They’ll be here soon.
Sleep: Up a lot during the night for potty trips. Almost peed on the toilet lid last night because I was too tired to remember to lift the seat. Thankfully the fuzzy toilet cover was a good indication that something wasn’t right and I woke up enough to figure it out before it was too late.
Best moment this week:  Seeing the excitement from all the kids and Kevin about the babies imminent arrival
Food cravings: Really loving frozeny things right now. Ice cream, popsicles, slushes, etc.
Gender:  Same as last week...still boys
Belly button in or out?  *Sigh* Still in. I don’t think it will be popping out. No turkey timer for me!
Movement:  I know the difference between a kick, a punch and a roll now. I also found out Baby A has moved from his head down position into a transverse position. No big deal, because he still has lots of time to move back. But he better be moving back!
What I miss:  Being able to move freely. Getting up from a sitting or lying position is next to impossible without help.
What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower coming up in less than two weeks! Also, working on the nursery and starting to see the visual reality that these babies really are going to be living in our house soon.
Milestones: Kevin has felt the babies kick a lot this week. It’s the only time since he felt them the first time. It makes me happy to have him get to feel them, too. We finalized colors for the nursery.

No comments: